I think at some point we have all asked ourselves the same question: Should or shouldn't I double up my denim? Denim is coming back strong this spring and is already proving to be hugely popular amongst the trends we will be turning to later in the year. But with winter still hanging around, there is nothing stopping us from rocking this matching trend despite the low temperatures. And whilst it may look simple in theory, putting the look together can seem a bit intimidating so here are a few tips when it comes to wearing Denim on Denim.
1. If you are new to the trend but still want to try it out, start by playing with Colours. Pair a blue denim jacket or chambray shirt with white or black jeans; you cannot go wrong with these combinations.
2. Go for Different Shades of wash otherwise the outfit may become too matchy matchy.
3. Dark Denim has a Slimming Effect so make sure when keep that in mind. Being a pear shape, I want my figure to be balanced and the outfit to be flattering and this means dark denim jeans and a lighter denim top.
4. There is something about Distressed Denim that goes hand in hand with this trend so do not be afraid to go for that beloved ripped pair of yours.
5. And finally, Dressing Up denim on denim is totally allowed. A vibrant red lip and statement heels (or in my case Over-The-Knee boots) for example will elevate the entire getup exuding that luxe vibe we want.
|Jeans & Shirt: Matalan (here) // Coat: Vero Moda (here) // OTK Boots: New Look (here)|
Handbag: Michael Kors // Sunglasses: Ray Ban Clubmasters (here) // Floral Watch: New Look (here)
I confess, at first I wasn't too sure about this trend because it goes against everything we've been taught is correct about putting an outfit together. However being a massive denim lover and seeing that denim on denim is truly having a moment this season, I've been giving in and finally decided that twice as much denim could only be twice as good.
What do you think about this trend? Let me know below beauties!
Thanks for reading and have a nice week ahead!